Monday, March 7, 2016

It's Not Easy

Being a full time employee, a mom, a wife, and a crafter is not easy.  Take for instance today at work...I believe that I sat at my desk for maybe 2 hours total.  The rest of time was spent busy networking, mentoring, ensuring that things were accomplished, and making the place better.  I truly enjoy my job, but it does keep me busy.

Being a mom, on the other hand, is also busy.  It's not easy corralling four children, under 7, to get ready in the morning, when they don't want to get out of bed.  Boy do I know that feeling!  It's not easy to be the mean mom when they've misbehaved and school or daycare and they are destined to spend additional time in timeout.  Some days are better than others.  It is the joy and overwhelming love I feel when they are excited to see me when they get picked up, or the artwork they just have to show me that they created, or something new that they learned about at school, or when they just randomly come up and give you a hug.  It is those times and moments with my kids, that it is all worth it.

As a wife is also full of ups and downs.  Some days I simply do not want to carry on a conversation or am so sidetracked with other things that I may seem inattentive.  Other days I wish that I had more time to spend with my husband.  Today, I am simply thankful that my husband does so much of the cooking in our house.  I used to cook all the time.  Now he does most of it.  It gives me the time I need to get all those other things done that I want or feel that I need to do around the house...and of course extra time to craft.

And finally, there's that need for crafting.  I wish that I had extra hours in the day to be able to create something daily, but that is just not possible with my current situation.  I have a lot of ideas and creativity that I so dearly desire to let flow.  I am excited to help other people put their visions on paper or a product.  Tonight I am working on a baby gender reveal project.  I am delighted to her vision to reality.  Of course, I will show you the finished product in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment